Willington is a small rural town in northeastern Connecticut. We are located 20 miles east of Hartford on I-84. Willington is predominantly residential in nature but has a shopping center, a major travel stop, and is only a couple of miles from the UConn main campus.
Click here for more information on the Connecticut State Police Firearms Training Facility Relocation
Town of Willington seeks Assistant Transfer Station Operator –Part Time Union position – 16 Hours per week; Saturday & Sunday, No benefits. Pay rate: $17.37 per hour. Must be capable of being D.E.E.P. certified & learning backhoe operation within six months. Applications are available by clicking here or in the Selectmen’s office; 40 Old Farms Road; Willington. Applications due back to the
Selectmen's Office by 2 PM Tuesday, July 28, 2015. EOE/AA
TOWN OF WILLINGTON
ASSISTANT TRANSFER STATION OPERATOR
Assist the Transfer Station Operator in the following:
- Enforce Transfer Station operating rules
- Enforce recycling regulations
- Check all vehicles for proper permits and forbidden items
- Check solid waste for recyclable items if warranted
- Direct traffic through the Station
- Assist townspeople whenever needed
- Operate and coordinate compactor unit for efficient operation
- Record all commercial contractors and their loads into station
- Ensure that only items designated for specific areas of disposal are placed in the proper area so as not to commingle or contaminate loads
- In general, maintain control, as well as insuring an orderly, efficient operation at the Transfer Station
- At all times area is to be kept clean, free of litter and debris, and all items are to be placed in the appropriate holding area immediately
Perform other related tasks as directed by the Transfer Station Operator
May 23, 2015: Willington Day, the PTA 5K & Fun Run were all a huge success!!!
Click here to see photo's from the day - Our thanks to Emma Palmacci for the excellent photos!