Skip Navigation
Willington, Connecticut
Link for Residents

Link for Businesses

Link to Home Page
This table is used for column layout.

Willington Town Seal
Election Information
Registrars of Voters
Gail Kapinos / Republican
                                    Christine Psathas / Democrat                              

Town Office Building, Lower Level
40 Old Farms Rd
Willington, CT 06279

Office hours: 
Tuesdays 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
and by appointment
 (860) 487-3120


In order to be eligible to vote in the August 12, 2014 Republican State Primary, you must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Willington, 18 years old on or before Primary Day and enrolled with the Republican party.  There will be a PRIMARY ENROLLMENT SESSION on Tuesday, July 29 from 12 to 2 pm in the Registrars' office. In Connecticut, voters must be enrolled with the Republican Party in order to vote in this primary.  (The deadline to transfer from one party to another and be eligible to vote with the new party was May 12, 2014.)  
If you have questions, call the Registrars' office.


Absentee ballots for the August 12, 2014 Republican State Primary will be available at the Town Clerk's office starting July 22 during regular office hours -- Monday 12:30 to 7:30 pm; Tuesday to Friday 9 am to 12 pm.  If you have questions about absentee ballots, call the Town Clerk's office at (860) 487-3121.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register to vote?
You must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Willington, and be at least 18 years old, by the date of the election, in order to register (17 year olds may pre-register if they will turn 18 before election day).  In order to vote in a primary you must be enrolled with that party.

You may register using any one of the following methods:
  • Download a voter registration application by clicking here.  The completed application may be mailed to or dropped off at the Registrars' office
  • Download a voter registration application from the Secretary of State’s website:   complete it and mail it to the Registrars
  • Contact the Registrars to have a voter registration application mailed to you
  • Appear at the Town Clerk’s office or the Registrars' office and complete an application
  • Applications are also available at any DMV office or public library
     Once the Registrars have processed your application, you will receive a letter of acceptance or rejection within approximately 7-10 days.

How do I change my address in town, my name or my party affiliation?
Follow the procedures above to change your address within town, your name or party affiliation.

How can I check if I am currently a registered voter in Willington?
Contact the Registrars  or click on the link below.

How do I vote if I will be out of town on a Referendum or Election Day?
You may request an absentee ballot application by contacting the Town Clerk’s office at 860-487-3121.

Who is eligible to vote in a Referendum?
All registered voters are eligible to vote.  If you are not a registered voter in Willington,  you may still be eligible to vote in a referendum if :  you are a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age and pay taxes to the town on property assessed at $1,000 or more which appeared on the last completed Grand List.

How do I get on the ballot for public office?
The easiest way to run for a public office is to be nominated by one of the three local political parties.  You may also run “undesignated” by filling out specific paperwork and acquiring a specified number of endorsements from registered voters.  Call the Town Clerk for more details.

What elections are held in Willington?
Municipal, State and Federal Elections are held each year on the first Tuesday following the first Monday during the month of November. The annual Budget Referendum is held on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in May.  The Republican State Primary will be held on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 from 6 am to 8 pm.

Where do I vote?
Voting takes place in the large meeting room (Common Room) on the upper level at the Willington Town Office Building, 40 Old Farms Road.  State and Federal Laws require proof of identification for all voters.

Updated  July 18, 2014

Political Party
# Voters
Working Families