CONSTRUCTION PLAN REQUIREMENTS
A detailed construction plan must be submitted to the Building Official before a building permit can be issued. This procedure assures the project will meet the Building Code. If a project is built without proper plan review, the project may be rejected and would surely cost extra time and money.
The following items should be included on the building plan:
1. Plan drawn to scale (1/4" = 1 foot)
2. A plan view or overhead showing the size of the building with door and window openings
3. Label each room as to use
4. Show a cross section or side view of the foundation type that will be used
5. Show a cross section or elevation of any wall section showing floor joists, studs, wall plates, ceiling joists, rafters and roofing materials
6. Show a detail of any guardrail and handrail systems at landings, decks and stairways
7. Any bedroom addition must show egress and size of windows in each of the rooms
8. As of September 1, 2004 the 2003 version of the International Residential Code is in effect.